Welcome to this portal into the scenic natural beauty of Wenonah, New
Jersey. Come discover what makes our area special,
what the WEC is doing to enhance it, and how
you can help.
- ROADSIDE TRASH CLEANUP: Saturday, June 9th at
9:00 AM, starting at the Wells Fargo Bank parking lot. Volunteers
wanted to keep Woodbury-Glassboro Road and the adjacent trail areas clean.
Trash bags, grabbers, and safety vests will be provided.
- JUNE PICNIC AND MEETING AT WENONAH LAKE: Wednesday, June
Cookout begins at 6:30 PM; an abbreviated business meeting will be held
about 7:30 PM.
- 22nd ANNUAL INDEPENDENCE DAY HIKE: Wednesday, July 4th at 4:00
PM. Take a relaxing, shaded stroll along the Mantua Creek. For all ages!
We'll meet at 104 South Jackson Avenue (the end of the street). The hike will end
near the railroad tracks.
- GLOUCESTER COUNTY FIREFLY FESTIVAL: Saturday,
July 21st from 8 PM to 9:30 PM at Tall
Pines State Preserve. See “nature’s light show” along with fun,
educational activities along a three-quarter mile, self-guided loop trail.
Free, but pre-registration is requested. See the
event brochure for more details. Rain date: Sunday, July 22nd.
- January 2018: Welcome to Dave Coates as the newest member of the
WEC. Also, we extend a BIG thank-you to Bob Bevilacqua for his decades
of tireless service as a member.
- June 2017: Congratulations to 6th grade graduates Farrell
Donnelly and Lily Cline, winners of the WEC Frank Eggert
Memorial Student Environmental Awards for 2017. Each has received $100 in recognition of their interest in and
volunteer efforts toward the local environment.
Last updated: 31 May 2018