Welcome to this portal into the scenic natural beauty of Wenonah, New
Jersey. Come discover what makes our area special,
what the WEC is doing to enhance it, and how
you can help.
- SPRING WORK PARTY: Saturday, March 16th at 9:00 AM. Volunteers
needed to move gravel from the street to several persistent wet spots around
our trail system. Meet at the Sheppard Community Center (train station).
Wheelbarrows, shovels, and metal rakes are essential for this event.
- APRIL MEETING: Wednesday, April 10th at 7:30 PM in the Sheppard Community Center.
- February, 2019: Welcome to Scott Conway as our newest
member. And we thank David Coates for his recent service on the
- December 19, 2018: The December 5th tanker truck accident
on Route 55 caused a significant spill of #2 Heating Oil in Mantua Creek. About 4 miles of creek was impacted, including Wenonah. Today, the Borough published an update on cleanup operations,
including this 9-page official account of the accident and cleanup efforts to date. It is safe to walk near the creek, but do not allow pets to drink or play in the water.
- June 2018: Congratulations to 6th grade graduates Victoria
Morrison and Logan Sheehan, winners of the WEC Frank Eggert
Memorial Student Environmental Awards for 2018. Each has received $100 in recognition of their interest in and
volunteer efforts toward the local environment.
Last updated: 13 March 2019