Each year the Environmental Commission undertakes several large-scale
projects that require advance planning and volunteer help. It seems like
there is never enough time to get to some of the smaller projects or
housekeeping chores. The following is a list of projects that can be
undertaken by individuals or small groups:
- WENONAH SWIMMING LAKE, TRAILS AND PARKING AREAS - General cleanup along
perimeter, open drainage basins.
- DILK'S POND AND TRAIL AREA - Clean up trash along edge of the pond and
wooded area trail. Remove limbs and debris from pond.
- COMEY'S LAKE AND TRAILS AREA - Remove material and debris in and around
dock and Japanese Tea House. Remove leaves and debris from amphitheatre
levels. Clean limbs, debris from inlet streams and waterfalls. Clean and
replace missing pieces from old boathouse steps. Cut up (18" long) fallen
trees along trails and stack at curb for pickup.
- SYNNOTT'S POND /CAMELBACK RUN STREAM AND TRAIL AREA - Collect trash and
cut up (18" long) fallen trees between Glassboro Road and pond. Stack
wood at curb for pickup. Clean out storm-water drain silt traps at Glassboro
Road and Mantua Avenue.
- ELDRIDGE, INDIAN, MONONGAHELA LOOP AND WOODS OF WENONAH TRAIL AREAS - Cut
fallen trees and stack at nearest road. Clean all trail areas and trim
- MONONGAHELA BROOK AND SOUTH CLINTON GARDEN TRAIL AREAS - Remove fallen
trees. Clean all trail areas and trim overgrowth. Clean out algae at the Stone Pond.
- GLEN TRAIL AREA TO TRESTLE - Remove trash on conservation area at
entrance. Clean trails and trim overgrowth. Clean all trash along railroad
and under trestle bridge.
- MANTUA CREEK TRAIL AREA - Clean trails and trim overgrowth. Clean around
signs at West Mantua Avenue entrance.
- BREAK BACK RUN TRAIL AREA - Clean trails and trim overgrowth. Pick up trash along Maple Ave., Woodbury-Glassboro Road, and W. Mantua
- Eradicate non-native invasive plant species.
- Take digital photos of flora & fauna for this website.
For more information, contact us!
Even more details on our current activities can be found in the
monthly meeting minutes.