Welcome to this portal into the scenic natural beauty of Wenonah, New
Jersey. Come discover what makes our area special,
what the WEC is doing to enhance it, and how
you can help.
- JANUARY REORGANIZATION MEETING: Wednesday, January
9th, 2019 at 7:30 PM in the Sheppard Community Center.
- FIVE MILE HIKE (15th Annual): We challenge you to take in most of
trail system in a two-hour, moderately-paced hike on Saturday, January
26th, 2019 at 1:00 PM. We start at the corner of North East Avenue and East Elm Street near
the railroad pedestrian bridge.
- MOONLIGHT HIKE (18th Annual): Sunday
Evening, February 17th, 2019. Save the date! Starting time and
location will be announced closer to the event.
- December 19, 2018: The December 5th tanker truck accident
on Route 55 caused a significant spill of #2 Heating Oil in Mantua Creek. About 4 miles of creek was impacted, including Wenonah. Today, the Borough published an update on cleanup operations,
including this 9-page official account of the accident and cleanup efforts to date. It is safe to walk near the creek, but do not allow pets to drink or play in the water.
- June 2018: Congratulations to 6th grade graduates Victoria
Morrison and Logan Sheehan, winners of the WEC Frank Eggert
Memorial Student Environmental Awards for 2018. Each has received $100 in recognition of their interest in and
volunteer efforts toward the local environment.
- January 2018: Welcome to Dave Coates as the newest member of the
WEC. Also, we extend a BIG thank-you to Bob Bevilacqua for his decades
of tireless service as a member.
Last updated: 19 December 2018